An Introduction to Online Roulette
Live Roulette is all about mixing the best of the online world with the best of the real world. The popularity of online roulette is increasing all the time and is one of the hottest casino games in the world right now.
If you're new to online roulette, this introduction will provide you with the necessary information you need so you can experience the wonders of roulette from the comfort of your own home.
If you haven't set eyes on a roulette table before, please don't let the numbers and colours confuse you. One of the reasons online roulette is so popular is due to the fact the rules are extremely simple to understand.
Once you've read this article, you’ll soon realise that live roulette is an easy game to grasp, so let’s have a look at some of the advantages.
The Advantages of Playing Live Roulette
There are many advantages to playing live roulette, let’s take a look at a few:
- Easy to understand rules
- Easy game to grasp
- You can play from the comfort of your own home
- You can play at 2am in the morning
- You can choose your stakes
- You set the pace
- It’s fun!
Understanding The Rules Of Online Roulette
The goal is simple; you need to put a bet on the roulette wheel exactly where you believe the ball will land. The roulette table has 38 pockets in total; you start with placing a bet on one number (upright), a mixture of numbers, red or black, odd and any number between 1 and 3-6 and 0 and 00 depending on the variant of this game you've chosen for.
How Does The Game Work?
The great news is that unlike a land-based casino, you can literally set your own pace.
Let’s have a look at the process of the online roulette game in 5 easy steps:
- You place your bet on your chosen number and colour
- The game begins when the dealer spins the wheel (remember you can go at your own pace)
- The wheel is then spun in one direction whilst a small ball is rolled in the opposite direction (the ball is rolled along the inner edge of the wheel)
- The wheel will eventually come to a halt
- Once the wheel stops, the ball will fall into one of the pockets of the wheel revealing the winning number, hopefully it’s yours!
Types of Bets Available
Now we’ve learnt the rules of online roulette and how the game works, let’s take a look at the different types of bets available.
Love to take a risk? An inside bet is made for you! Do bear in mind the odds of winning are quite slim. However, if you do catch that win, expect your profits to be boosted.
Players will usually place bets on a single number and if they win, the payout will be 35 to 1. The inner bets are placed on the inner field of the table, between 0 and 36.
There are five types of inside bets:
- Straight – A bet on a single number by placing a chip on the box that corresponds to that number
- Split – A bet on two adjacent numbers, horizontally or vertically, by placing a chip on the line between the two adjacent boxes.
- Street of Three Line – A wager on a row of three numbers on a single horizontal line by putting a chip on the outer line of the number on the far left of the three numbers.
- Corner – A bet on four numbers that form a square, by placing a chip on the cross between the four numbers.
- Six Line – A bet on 6 adjacent numbers at the same time. If you wish to wager on 1-6 for example, you need to place a chip on the T-junction on the far left between the 1 and the 4.
Outside bets are wagers placed on the boxes around the inner field between the numbers 1 and 36.
There are five types of outside bets:
- Column – A wager on one of the three vertical rows (left, middle, right) by placing a chip in the box at the bottom of the row. You then proceed to bet 12 numbers at the same time.
- Dozen – A bet on 12 numbers in three consecutive rows, by placing a chip in one of the following areas: 1st 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12.
- High or Low – A bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black – A bet on a colour (red or black) instead of a number.
- Odd or Even – A bet on odd or even numbers.
The Variations of Online Roulette
Live roulette offers several different variations with different table layouts, most notably American roulette and French/European roulette, let’s have a look at the difference between them.
The American roulette wheel consists of 38 pockets, ranging from 0 to 36, plus the additional 00 number. Quite simply, 18 of these pockets are red, 18 are black, and the remaining slots are green (0 and 00).
Ideal for those players who want to offset the effect of variance. The European roulette wheel has a single 0 which is green, whilst the other 36 numbers are split between black and red.
Live roulette is an extremely popular game due to its simplicity. If you’re looking for an easy to understand game, then online roulette could be just what you’re looking for.
Once you understand the simple rules of online roulette, you’ll then be in the position to take your game to the next level all from the comfort of your own home.