Ted is a 5-reel, fixed 20-pay line slot from Blueprint Gaming. This online slots game has been out in the US for over a year, but was only brought over to the rest of the world in March, 2017. It's based on the 2012 film of the same name, the impact of which was lessened somewhat by a disappointing sequel released in 2015. 'Ted' is a giant teddy bear who by some miracle was magicked into life by a lonely Boston-based boy named John Bennett. Little boys grow up but so – in this case at least – do teddy bears. By 2012 John is thirty-five but still has Ted – who has turned into a foul-mouthed, hard-drinking teddy, voiced by Seth 'Family Guy' McFarlane, who also wrote and directed the movie. Ted and John's relationship falls apart when John falls in love with the beautiful Lori. Ted is later kidnapped and the rescue attempt brings Lori, John and Ted together as one – apart from a bit of lost stuffing.
Ted makes an appearance on the reels here of course, but he just doesn't seem that interested – just snoozing on the sofa surrounded by discarded beer cans. Also on the reels are a case of beer, an angry goose (you'll have to see the film), Lori, the 'Ted' (or rather, 'ted') logo, a bong and playing card symbols jack through to ace.
There are twenty lines in this online slots game and that's a fixed number. You can select your coin size though – anything from 0.01 to 10.00 – so making a range of line-bets from 0.20 to 200.00. When you're ready to get cuddly (or not) hit the spin button.
Payout & bonus rounds
The lowest winning pay out in this game of four coins is achieved by landing three queens or jacks. The top payout is gained by landing five of our eponymous hero. This will add five hundred coins to your coffers. You can also win five hundred coins by landing five ted TV logos. Two of these will return you two coins as well.
Ted is a pretty wild character in the movie, and he's pretty wild here too – he substitutes for all other symbols aside from the scatter symbol.
Speaking of the scatter symbol, this is a bonus 'Thunder Buddies Bonus' (so called as in the film both John and Ted are scared of thunder) symbol. If you land three of these anywhere on the reels you activate the Thunder Buddies Bonus round.
There are five rounds in total, and you move 'up the ladder' to trigger a bonus feature each time you enter the bonus round:
- Wheel of Fartune: Pick Ted to revel an arrow, multiplier boost or spin. These are added to a spinning wheel. The idea of the wheel is to progress to the centre of the reel where the 'Big Money Bonus' awaits.
- Bar Crawl Bonus: Select bottles in order to move around a playing board. Landing on specific positions on the board will trigger mystery cash wins and bonus prizes. Try not to land on the 'Arrested' square though!
- S*Mart Free Spins: You are awarded five free spins with the special S*Mart reels.
- Flash Free Spins: More free spins, this time using the special 'Flash' reels.
- The Big Money Bonus: Keep picking sale signs, amassing bonus money. Beware though – as soon as you pick a 'collect' sign this bonus round ends.
Ted may occasionally wake up and award one of the following free bonus features:
- Laser Gun Wilds – Ted will shoot symbols so that they turn wild.
- Psychedelic Super Spin – special symbols are added to the reels that turn identical when the reels stop spinning.
- Beer Streak – Ted will spray beer all over the reels. Once the froth has cleared, the symbols will shift into a winning position.
- Psychedelic Colossal Spin – same as 'Super Spin' but with bigger prize awards.
- TV Remote Symbol Streak – Ted will use the remote control to re-spin the reels creating bigger and better wins.
- Psychedelic Bonus Boost – same as 'Super Spin' but Ted adds bonus symbols to the reels.
This is a mundane game (and a mundane-looking game) until Ted wakes up. Then the bonus features come into play transforming this game completely. It's only a bit of a disappointment that the bonus features do not come around more often, but at least playing this game is better than watching 'Ted 2' ! Why not see if Ted will become your best new cuddly slots buddy?