Hall of the Mountain King Slot
Do you have what it takes to venture deep into the Hall of the Mountain King? Quickspin’s slot brings us a unique take on this this theme, which kind of reminds us a little of the hobbits’ adventure underground in the Lord of the Rings.
This studio’s trademark design is the perfect fit for this video slot – rich colours, exceptional character design and immersive soundtrack bring the game to life. This creative game developer has packed in a gorgeous appearance, a host of in-game features and high volatility action that keeps the blood pumping on every spin.
We explore the mountain kingdom and walk players through all the features they can expect in our slot review below.
Symbols and layout
Hall of the Mountain King is has 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 paylines. Our adventure begins in the cavernous halls beneath a mountain range. Despite the shadowy corners, there’s nothing lurking in the dark here and Quickspin’s choice of bright colours helps lighten the mood a little bit.
We can see the A to 10 royal symbols, which form the low value part of the paytable. Four different, original character symbols, each depicting a troll, are higher value with the Big Cheese himself making an appearance too. With the power to reward up to 40 times the stake, the Mountain King is definitely one to watch.
The golden shield acts as the Wild symbol, which can substitute for any other symbol on the reels. It pays out as well as the King, up to x40 the player’s stake for 5 on a payline.
The Scatter is in fact the King’s own weapon – a giant hammer. This symbol activates free spins, which we will discuss a little later. Scatters can only land on the three middle reels i.e. reels 2 to 4.
Hall of the Mountain King isn’t exactly stuffed with features but it packs in enough to keep gameplay interesting, particularly as it is a high volatility slot.
This feature kicks in when a win is landed. Every time a player has a winning spin, it is subject to a multiplier, which can be tracked using the indicator to the left of the reel set. The multiplier is based on how many Wilds contribute directly to a win. So a win that includes one Wild symbol will be subject to a x1 multiplier while a win with 4 Wilds in it will be multiplied x4.
Hall of the Mountain King Free Spins
When three or more Scatter symbols land on the same spin, the free spins feature is triggered. The feature consists of three stages and players can progress from one to the other by landing a win. Spins in each stage are subject to specific features.
- Stage 1: Symbol Upgrade. The King destroys one of the sections of the upgrade meter each time a win is registered, replacing every corresponding low value symbol with a stack of one high value symbol. During this feature, the lowest section of the multiplier meter is removed, which means multipliers can reach up to x15
- Stage 2: Whirling Wilds Collection. In this feature, it is possible to land Whirling Wilds. The King can destroy these blocks and releases the Wilds inside, which can be banked about the reels for later. Up to 6 Wilds can be collected.
- Stage 3: Whirling Wild Drop. All the banked Whirling Wilds will drop onto the reels at random over the next 3 free spins.
Play Hall of the Mountain King at these casinos
Hall of the Mountain King is an epic adventure and Quickspin has clearly dedicated a lot of time to making this an exciting and immersive experience. Visit these Quickspin casinos to go on your own mountain voyage.
- Fun, modern approach to casino entertainment.
- Provisions in place to protect problem gamblers.
- Certified as fair by reliable Swedish auditing body.
- Get 50 Free Spins on Sign Up
- on Lucky Mr Green
- NetEnt slots! Yippee!!
- A good range of funding options with the European market in mind
- 100 free spins when you deposit
- 100% MATCH BONUS up to £50
- + 20 SPINS
- Gorgeously designed site - nicely uncluttered
- 'Wheel of Rizk' - win chances of bonus prizes as you play
- All the top providers - Betsoft, NetEnt and Microgaming
- Level Up and Get
- 1 Extra Wheel Every Day